Master Colour Oil provides colour and protection in one product. The oil penetrates the wood and ensures a hardwearing surface with high resistance to water and dirt. It is perfect for indoor use on all unfinished, pre-treated or newly-sanded surfaces in all wood species.
How to use
Product, room and floor temperature must be between 15-30°C. Wood humidity must not exceed 12%. Ensure good ventilation during application and when drying. The wood must be newly sanded, use grit 100-120 for the final sanding. Vacuum thoroughly. Clean the wood with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and leave it to dry for at least 8 hours before applying the oil.
- Thoroughly shake the container of Master Colour Oil, both before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed to avoid colour mismatch.
- Apply the oil using a short-bristled paint roller (4-6 mm) in an even coat. Work in small areas of no more than 10 m² at a time.
- Leave the oil to soak in for 10-20 min. If the oil soaks quickly into the wood, apply more oil.
- Polish the oil into the wood until the surface appears saturated. Use a buffing machine with a beige pad for large areas and a polishing cloth/pad manually for small areas.
- Remove excess oil with dry, lint-free cotton cloths or pads until the surface no longer appears wet. Continue until the whole area has been polished and excess oil has been thoroughly removed.
- To ensure a good saturation the surface should be re-polished with 1 dl Master Colour Oil per 10 m² within 6-12 hours after the first application. The oil should be polished thoroughly, as described in step 4+5.
- The surface can be used with caution after 12-24 hours and is fully hardened after 5-7 days at 20°C and 55% humidity, after which rugs etc. can be placed on the floor.
Regular cleaning: WOCA Natural Soap or WOCA Oil Refreshing Soap. Re-oil the surface with WOCA Maintenance Oil or Maintenance Gel as required. Please note: Do not expose the surface to water or clean it for the first 7 days while the oil is hardening.